Tom Thumb - Birthday Screw Up ( but I don't care)

1 of 36 Tom Thumb reviews

I went into the Tom Thumb store close to my child's school and placed an order for cupcakes to send to her school and a birthday cake for her party the following day. I placed the order four days in advanced and received a receipt. When I returned to the store to retrieve the two items neither of them had been made.

The sales associate i encountered in the bakery area was not remorseful of the situation nor apologetic. She was like "Oh well" I can make them today if you like. I was so anger because despite her lack of empathy knowing that she probable just ruined my daughters birthday.

I don't think she realize that people with careers have an actual schedule and we do things according to that schedule. The first problem was. My daughters classmates will not get to celebrate her birthday with her today because they to have a schedule that they must abide by. Second, Her party will have to have a pre- made cake due to their poor organizational skills.

I am really disappointed in the professionalism of the sales associate. The thing that really confused me is that she never attempted to involve a manager in the situation despite her inability to rectify the situation. the store number was 119 ( time 7:30 am)

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Order processing issue
Preferred solution:
I would like for the story to work on communication between employees and professionalism ( old fashion customer service)
Product or service
Kroger Bakery Department
Review category
Food Stores
review #949004

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Tom Thumb? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 36 Tom Thumb reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Tom Thumb. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Tom Thumb.
Filing a new complaint about
×